One of the major concerns coming out of storms is the damage done by trees. A proactive approach to tree management is a less costly and more effective way to lower your risk of personal and property damage.
Arborists say that people should be on the lookout for things like mushrooms on a tree, broken limbs or a tree’s lean as signs the tree may need help.
Here are some helpful steps you can take to prevent costly storm damage to your trees and landscape:
- Ask a certified arborist to inspect your property and provide you with an assessment of dangerous trees before storm season.
- Be sure to look for trees with structural hazards like broken, dead or dying branches
- Pay special attention to mature, heavily leaning trees
- Look for hollow or decayed areas.
- Check for root injury or decay.
- Identify safety issues around walkways, roadways, entrances and electrical lines
- Look for potential risk factors like large trees in areas predisposed to wet soil
- Brace newly established trees so that strong cables keep them in place
- Obtain proof of insurance for higher-risk tree work from your tree company
- Get a written proposal with a detailed scope of work
- Consider your long-range plan with your goals and budget mapped out for 3-5 years
Please pre – arrange with Landscape Design Group Inc.. We respond 24/7 with the necessary manpower and equipment when an emergency does strike.